Thursday, July 31, 2008

Home From Model T Tour

A few days ago we got back from our family vacation. We attended the 100th Anniversary Celebration of the Model T Ford. This big event went on last week in Richmond, Indiana. There were just under 1000 Model T's there and it was a great time!!!! We went with Dave's parents, and his brother and his family. There were 13 of us altogether. We drove a Suburban and pickup, both pulling big trailers with our 3 Model T's in them. Dave, along with his dad and brother, own a body shop and restored these T's for us to bring. The one that we drove is, in my opinion, the best one! We drove a 1926 Depot Hack and it is very awesome looking. The guys started restoring this about the beginning of this year and worked with a carpenter friend to do the wood work. While at the celebration we went on a different tour everyday. One day it was a nature lover's tour, another day we visited Amish country and went to a house that used to be part of the underground railroad. Yet another day we visited Annie Oakley's hometown and a museum there. We traveled anywhere from 40-100 miles a day in the Depot Hack. It was lots of fun! One of the greatest things is that when the Associated Press wrote an article about this bige event, they used a picture of our Depot in their story!!!! Our picture have been in countless newspapers throughout the county, along with online. Here is a link to the article on MSNBC: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25786751/wid/18298287/

These are 2 of the 3 T's that we brought on the tour. The one on the left is a 1927 Roadster, the other one is our 1926 Depot Hack. We also brought a 1919 Touring.

This is the whole family next to our Depot. We were all very hot and tired for this picture, but managed to hide it somewhat well for the picture.

This is a line-up of a bunch of T's. One day all almost-1000 of us lined up for a picture. I can't wait to see what the picture looks like!

If you ignore the paved road this kind of takes you back in time, doesn't it.

Here are my 5 kids looking out the "window" of the Depot.

Here are my 2 girls and my neice in their vintage dresses I found on ebay. They looked adorable!

Another picture of the girls in their pretty dresses with me and my attempt at looking like I lived in the 20's or 30's. Good thing you can't see my Birkenstocks or the girls' Crocs!

3 comments:

Mandi Miller said...

I am loving those pictures. They really do take you back into time! Sounds like a wonderful trip!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Kate, we had antique cars come to Leopold, Missouri today. There was one car that looked just like your depot. The kids loved seeing all the cars. I took photos. I hope they turned out well. Mary Rowe DS2

TJFozzie said...

Kate! Your family is absolutely beautiful...what a blessing! I LOVE old cars ~ we had so much in common and didn't even realize how much, eh? You can check out my blog at: trayctalks.blogspot.com