Sunday, April 13, 2008

For the birds....


For this months design team assignment I had to choose from some bird files that the ladies from The Wishblading Well had recently put together. There were some really cute files to choose from......but I am not much of a bird person. I know that birds are popular in decorating and scrapbooking and crafting and all that sort of stuff.....but I just don't get it. So it took me a few days to figure out what I was going to do. Then I was in Micheals...which is very rare because I never get a chance to go there when we are in the big city. But I happened to be there and I found some great unfinished wooden frames.......for $1. Wow! So I got 2 of them. At home I came accross some Tim Holtz crackle paint I had but had never used. Then I picked out one of the bird files, decorated the frame, printed off a picture from our Model T tour last summer and...tada....I had a cute frame to put on the shelf above my computer. I might not have been too excited about the bird files but I sure was impressed with how it came out. Maybe birds aren't so bad after all. =)

No comments: