Friday, September 26, 2008

This Week's Layouts

The first of this week's scrapoff challenges was to do a layout with "I Wish for you...." I changed it around a little (after seeing that my friend Kathea did something similar) and did "My Prayer For You...." I used a picture of Jacob that was takend on Labor Day. Dave had just started a fire in the firepit at the lake when it started to pour. Jacob decided to use his body as a shield to protect the fire and he didn't give up until he was completely soaked and I yelled at him to come to the shelter.

This is the journaling I used:
When it started to rain right after Daddy started this fire, you were determined to protect it with your body. I pray that you will always persever...always do what you think is right...always put others needs above your own. Just like you did with that fire.

I also wrote the Bible vers 2 Peter 1:5-7 on it:
Make every effor to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, persevereance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love...this will keep you from being ineffective and unprductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The second challenge was to use an old tool with new supplies. For this I used some older pictures of Debbie and made a simple LO us my Fascinator, which I've had for a couple years but have used maybe twice. The I used some new Fancy Pants rubons.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great layouts! Love the journaling on Jacobs Perseverance...Debbies wearing our favorite...Kate/Manda/Debbie outfit!!!

Kate said...

Yes....I love that outfit! So adorable! Thanks to you gals for passing it on!

Unknown said...

super, super layouts!!!!
hugs,
Holly

TJFozzie said...

I love, Love, LOVE, the LO for your son! that is one of my favorite passages...in fact...I create things on my computer (I wish I had room and time to do actual scrapbooking, but...) and I created a layout in bookmark, calendar cover and wall-framed of that very passage. It sruck me how they are all in order...and they stack on top of each other. Anyway, LOVE it!