Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Losing Weight

UGH! This is such a hard thing to do! And I get tired of the struggle! But.........since the beginning of the year I have actually been doing it!!!! On January 1 I decided that I needed to "just do it". I am a huge fan of the show The Biggest Loser, so I decided to go with what they do............minus the hours and hours and hours of working out. LOL! So I have been counting calories. I try to eat around 1300 calories a day. Sadly, many days I am over that. I find myself always reading the nutritional info on things. One of the biggest shockers is comparing the calories in a box of something with how many servings in the box. They really trick us there! Did you know that there are 2.5 servings in a 20 ounce bottle of pop? I shudder to think of how many calories I've downed drinking my favorites, Mountain Dew and Root Beer. One of my favorite foods has always been cereal. Since I was a kid I loved my bowl of cereal in the morning!!! I would sit there, eating my cereal and reading a book. In the last years I would usually have more than one bowl...........yum, yum! Serving sizes for cereal are SO small and you can't forget the calories in the milk you pour over the top. I'm sure that there were many days I would eat 750-1000 calories........just at breakfast!!! No wonder I was gaining weight!

For the last 5 1/2 months I have been watching my calories and trying to put some miles on the treadmill. And, surprisingly, it's been working!!!! Wohoooo! As of this morning, I have lost 33.6 pounds! To get to my goal weight I need to lose another 28.4. I am over 1/2 way there!!!! So I keep plugging away.......counting my calories........working on smaller portions........trying to excercise.......not eating cereal.......drinking a diet root beer every once in a while.

I'm doing it!

BTW, I'm adding a weight loss ticker to the sway bottom of the page so you can keep up with my weight loss progress. I'll be updating it once a week.

1 comment:

Supermom said...

Hi, I saw your efforts to lose weight, I work at a slimming centre and I could recommend you very good programme to lose effectively. See my website :

http://caleb-slimming.blogspot.com/2008_06_01_archive.html