Monday, January 14, 2008

No Water!

Oh my! It was around -10 degrees this morning and all of a sudden...........we had NO water in our house! Dave did some checking around and he thinks that our well might be dry! Oh my goodness! A little while ago we pulled up our pump and everything that goes with it and it did look like one of the ends was frozen so hopefully that's the problem. It'll be interesting tonight with all the kids home from school and not having water. I've been thinking today, or noticing when I need to do something, of all the things I can't do with water. Here are some of them:
-flush the toilet (uck)
-do the laundry (oh darn!)
-refill my water bottle
-take a shower or bath (not a big problem today but tommorow.......)
-make broth for soup (supposed to be supper tonight)
-clean the bathroom (needs it but not getting done)
-wash dishes
-wash my hands
-wash Debbie's face after eating chocolate pudding

The list could go on and on. We are lucky that we have another well over by the barn. So I can haul 5 gallon buckets of water in. But I haven't gotten that desperate........yet. We have a gallon pitcher of water in the fridge that Dave just refilled so I was able to refill my water bottle. This all makes me appreciate the modern age that we live in. As bad as not having water is, it would be worse if we had no electricity! Brrrr! At least I have heat!

Anyway, be thankful today for your water!

No comments: