Monday, January 21, 2008

Welcome Debbie!


I am pretty excited to annouce that we are adopting Debbie! She has been with our family since Sept. 2006. She was offically placed in our home for adoption last Tuesday. We are expecting to finalize the adoption within the next 6-8 weeks. The paperwork is flying all around the state right now. When it finally ends up on our lawyers desk he will set a court date for us to finalize. This picture was taken last Tuesday, the day we got to change her last name to ours!
This will be our 4th adoption. Dave and I joke around some about this. I tell him that all of our children have different dads. He then reminds me that they all have different moms too. I am so blessed that God has put us all together. In the first years of our marriage, after Jacob was born, we struggled with infertility. Such a painful time! We then felt God leading us into adoption. I never would have guessed what my family would look like today! Thank you God!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lord for leading Debbie to this family! What a blessing to see how you've worked in their lives and filled their guiver!!! Congrats!!! Doing a happy dance with you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lord, what a blessing you have given both the Heyd family and Debbie. Thank you. Debbie will experience love beyond measure with this family. Congratulations, Dave and Kate -- and Jacob, Clara, Benji and Chris :-) Also doing the Happy Dance, Karin B.

Ishadow said...

What a blessing I know she is and continue to be!! and such a cutie!