Friday, November 28, 2008

Some More Thankful Pictures

I've gotten really lax on posting my pictures each day, but I am taking them.........and having a really fun time doing it! I am looking forward to compiling our 31 Thankful Pictures into some type of book. This has been a great thing to do!
Friday, Nov 28
Chris picked today's picture and he wanted a picture of our van. He's been really good at picking out the basics of what God has given to us.......food, house, furniture, van.......what a great thing to be so thankful for the "simple" things He has given us.
Thursday, Nov. 27
Thanksgiving day! SOOOOO much to be thankful for! Nobody picked today's picture. We all decided we are most thankful for our family! So here is a picture of the whole bunch of us who gathered yesterday. It was interesting taking a picture of everybody there. I gave the job of figuring it all out to my brother-in-law Jeff. He like taking pictures and I knew he's know what to do. My new little camera has a self timer, I used (for probably the 3rd or 4th time) my little grippy tripod that bends and supposedly can be used anywhere. Jeff put it on the kitchen table, on top of a globe.......and it worked really good! Then everybody piled in and sat somewhat still while Jeff got everything worked out. Then he pressed the button and ran for the back of the group. I discovered that the kids think the flashing red timer light is fascinating. They stared at it and we ended up getting 3 pictures that had EVERYBODY looking at the camera. I'm thinking that when I take pictures of the kids from now on I might use the timer, just so they can watch the red light and be looking at the camera. Anyway.........I'm excited about this picture!
Wed. Nov. 26
Debbie's day.......and she was going to Grandma's house for the day. So guess what she chose to take Thankful picture of????? It is fitting to have a picture of Grandma's house. We are all very thankful for them, and also for the 2 other sets of grandparents we have all in the same town. We are blessed.
Tuesday, Nov. 25
Benji thought for quite awhile about what to take his last Thankful picture of. He came up with taking it of the American flag. He is proud to be an American.
Monday, Nov. 24
Jacob had been thinking of what to take his last Thankful picture of and he had decided to take it of him and his dog Brownie.
Sunday, Nov. 23
Clara really likes our pastor and his wife. She named 2 of her Webkinz after them and wanted to take a picture of them. We are all thankful for them. They are great!
Saturday, Nov. 22
Today was Dave's day. Of course, I forgot to tell him this until it was almost dark out. He told me to take a picture of the "swamp box". This is what him and his brother call a Model T that they just throw together and don't really restore. They have been doing this and then selling them on ebay. This one Dave decided to bring out to the farm and said I'm going to learn to drive a T on this one. I had one other lesson last summer and discovered that's it's quite difficult. But Dave wanted his picture of this Model T. He's thankful that they are so involved in putting them together and restoring them.

No comments: