Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thankful Picture of Nov. 5

Today I let Jacob decide what to we were going to take a picture of. His first choice was to take one of the whole family dressed up and attending church together, but he wants to do that on Sunday. So we're going to wait a few days for that one. I was touched that he is so thankful for that! The second idea he had was that he was thankful for baseball. But.......it was raining out and he didn't want to take the picture in the rain. So then he decided he was thankful for the rain. But........it was dark out and raining.......how do you get a picture of that? I tried but it just didn't work. So............then he thought for a little while and said that he was thankful for SPECIAL THINGS. Huh? So he pointed to one of my most prized possessions and one of the most "special things" in the house that has a bunch of "special things" on top of it. He was thankful for my hutch. This is a piece of furniture that my Grampy built for my parents shortly after they were married. It is beautiful! When my parents moved into the house my dad lives in now there was no room for the hutch. So.......bummer........I had to sacrifice and put it in my house. I was so excited! And on it are plates, pictures, and other "special things" that are very........well..........special. I was amazed that this is what Jacob chose (even though it wasn't one of his first choices) for today's picture.

No comments: